Artist, Curator, Interior Designer, Educator, Author
"My artwork employs methodical processes to conflate histories, materiality and science into new visceral narratives. I create assemblages comprised of materials such as shells, feathers, seedpods, semi-precious stones and crystal formations. The juxtaposition of these elements results in surreal landscapes and hybrid creatures that suggest the exploration and folly of an archeologist assembling vestiges of a distant past with no real point of reference. My work is a reflection of my appreciation of nature’s beauty and diversity, as well as my concern for its decline."
Nancy’s artwork has been exhibited in galleries and museums nationally, including the Palm Springs Art Museum - The Galen, Palm Desert curated by Alma Ruiz and the Annual Juried Exhibition at The Queens Museum curated by Holly Solomon.
Nancy was invited to join the board of LICA in 2014. Acting as exhibition coordinator she managed exhibitions at Falchi, as well as LICA’s 30th Anniversary show at The News Room at The Paper Factory Hotel in 2015. Currently she curates exhibitions for LICA at the Plaxall Gallery, Flushing Town Hall and the Avelan Arts Gallery, Lavelanet France.
• Made in New York, Avelan Arts, Lavelanet France 2018
• Beach Elements V, Studio 7 Fort Tilden 2018
• Seas Trees Birds & Bees, Rainforest Art Foundation 2018
• Pairings, Plaxall Gallery 2018
• Flushing Bound, Flushing Town Hall 2018
• Rock Paper Scissors- Plaxall Gallery 2018
• Beach Elements IV, Plaxall Gallery, June 2017
• Shadows and Reflections - The Factory-LIC Arts Open Festival 2015
• Made in Queens - Front Street Gallery 2014
• Beach Elements III - The Dougherty Gallery 2014
• Beach Elements II - Studio 34- LIC Arts Open Festival 2103
• Beach Elements LIC Arts Open Festival 2102
Beach Elements IV has been documented by Queens Public Television Station: https://youtu.be/Y8jny_Wz3Hc=328s
• Bachelors of Fine Art Degree, Queens College
• Certificate of Interior Design, Parsons School of Design